Assessing Categorical Arguments for Validity
Intuitive Method Edition
Indicate whether the following arguments are valid or invalid. Use the Intuitive Method.
- All philosophers are lovers of truth. No lovers of truth are closed-minded people. Thus, no philosophers are closed-minded people.
- No soldiers are rich. No rich persons are poets. Hence, no soldiers are poets.
- No scientists are poets. Some scientists are logicians. Therefore, some logicians are not poets.
- Some actors are sculptors. Some poets are not actors. So, some poets are not sculptors.
Complete the following arguments in such a way such that each is valid:
- All cats are _______.
- Some _______ are pets.
- So, some _______ are _______.
- All _______ are _______.
- No mammals are _______.
- So, no _______ are _______.